My client based in South London is currently recruiting a Community Psychiatric Nurse to work within the NHS. The ideal candidate will be able;
1) To assess the physical and mental well-being needs, plan, implement, evaluate and monitor care in collaboration with the service user, carers, and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
2) To implement care that meets the mental, physical, spiritual, psychological and social needs of the service user, and that is sensitive to age, culture, race, gender, ethnicity, social class, sexuality and disability.
3) To administer medication and have the knowledge of contraindications (both physical and mentally) and side effects, and relating accurate information to service users in a format they are able to understand.
4) To ensure appropriate and up to date Risk assessments and care plans are available for service users attending the clinic.
5) To demonstrate an understanding of the distress caused by social and personal consequences of mental illness for service users and their carers'.
6) To actively encourage service users to work towards self-determination and freedom of choice within legal, ethical and professional constraints.
7) To work within policy, professional and legal frameworks at all times. This requires knowledge of NMC Code of Professional Conduct, risk assessment and child protection protocols, Mental Health Act, CPA, and Trust clinical policies.
8) To ensure accurate entry of information on the e-PJS and to maintain a high standard of written communication, recording appropriate events and observations in accordance with Trust policies and the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
9) To actively promote relationships with colleagues that support open communication and collaborative working, taking personal responsibility for one's contribution to the process of MDT working.
You must have the below requirements to work as a Community Psychiatric Nurse:
BSc in Mental Health Nursing
Full NMC registration
Experience of working within the Community setting
High standards in written and oral communication
If you would like more information regarding this vacancy or other vacancies that we may have
available, please contact us on the details below.
Tel: 0207 614 4280
Direct Telephone Number: 020 3793 0174*
*Please leave a voicemail if no answer
*****Due to contract with our clients, registrations and DBS checks will be required with
Sugarman Group is a specialist Mental Health Consultancy with 26 years' experience. Our offices in London, England & Sydney, Australia assist professionals within the Medical, Social Work, Mental Health and Education sectors to find new job opportunities. Sugarman Group pride themselves in the positive,expert and honest experience we deliver to candidates, which is founded by our focus on Specialist professional areas.
Please note all Mental Health roles with the Sugarman group are subject to eligibility checks including
right to work and an Enhanced DBS check.
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer. Because of this we welcome applications from
everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin,
gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief.
All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Community, Psychiatric, Nurse, CPN, NHS, Community, mental health
Apply for this job