Band 8A Senior Clinical Psychologist
Acute Psychological Services
Service based; staff are tested weekly and PPE is provided.
Full time or Part Time
* To ensure the systematic provision of a high quality, highly specialist Psychological Service to patients within the Acute Psychological Service, in the Urgent Care, Treatment, Rehab & PICU or Older Adult Pathways, as directed by the Lead Psychologist. The postholder may be expected to work in any area of the Trust if required.
* To work co-operatively with multi-disciplinary colleagues to achieve service goals. To provide specialist psychological assessment, formulation and intervention directly and indirectly.
* To supervise and support the psychological assessment and therapy provided by other clinicians involved with these services, working autonomously within professional guidelines, exercising full clinical responsibility, and implementing changes where necessary.
* To clinically supervise, manage the workload and support the work of less senior psychological service staff allocated to him / her.
* To provide highly specialist psychological assessment and intervention, using complex psychological data, gained from a variety of sources.
* To ensure the systematic provision of psychological services, including the responsibility to prioritise work appropriately.
* To communicate assessment results, formulations, outcome data, and other complex and sensitive information orally and in written form in order to support the work of multidisciplinary colleagues.
* To provide specialist psychological advice, guidance, consultation and supervision to other professionals and staff contributing to the formulation, care, treatment plans and management of clients' difficulties, both within and outside the Trust.
* To contribute to the development of services, reviewing service outcomes, designing and participating in audit, research and clinical governance initiatives, and working cooperatively with colleagues to achieve service goals and maximise service effectiveness. This will involve communication with a wide range of clinical and managerial colleagues, within and outside the Trust.
* To provide supervision to less senior qualified psychology staff, assistant psychologists, volunteers and other colleagues.
* To provide clinical placements to doctoral level trainee psychologists.
* Must be HCPC registered
* Must have Acute experience
* Must be based in the UK
For more information, or to apply, please contact me via the below:
T: 020 7614 4260
Clinical Psychology, Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Mental Health, Acute, Wards
Apply for this job